Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Delicious Autumn Treats

I haven't posted anything in over a year because my college work has kept me too busy, but I just had to immortalize this yummy surprise my husband made this evening!  He and our daughter carved our pumpkin for Halloween.  They decided, unbeknownst to me, to bake up some pumpkin seeds for me, since I have many fond childhood memories of eating them at this time of year.  Here's the method they used for a most excellently delicious snack:

1)  Clean the pulp off the seeds.  2)  Boil the seeds in salt water, then dry well.
3)  Lightly toss the seeds in almond-infused olive oil (but I'm sure any oil would work fine!) making sure they are coated but not soggy.
4)  Sprinkle a dash of salt and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until golden (about 15-20 minutes).

YUMMY!  I had to really discipline myself to not eat the entire cookie sheet of seeds tonight!  I think this will DEFINITELY become a new Halloween tradition in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment